Sunday, November 23, 2014
Did you ever play basketball for the
Van Horn Falcons?
If so, you are invited to play on the Van Horn court once again at the first (as far as we know) Falcon Alumni Basketball Game on Saturday, January 25. (Of course, if you are not a former Falcon roundballer, you're still invited to attend!) Tip off for the Alumni game, to be held at the gymnasium at Van Horn, will be at 7:00 p.m.
The evening before (Friday, January 24), the Falcons will host William Chrisman's Bears in boys junior varsity (5:30 p.m. tipoff) and boys varsity (7:00 p.m. start) basketball matchups of the two Independence rivals at the Van Horn gym--now referred to as "The Factory". We will honor all former Falcon players during the Friday festivities in order to prepare for Saturday's Alumni Game.
To play in the January 25 Alumni Game--or if no longer able to play, to attend and to be honored--contact Van Horn boys basketball head coach Daniel Bieser directly at email@example.com.
Come join us for a renewal of the Falcons-Bears rivalry on Friday, January 24, and take a trip down Memory Lane on Saturday, January 25
Class Reunion News & Announcements
Class of '64: 50-Year Reunion
Reunion/Event Submission Requirements
If you would like to submit an announcement, please e-mail your information to Reunion Info
- All submissions MUST be in electronic text format (.doc or .txt or E-mail text)
- Please include Class, Event, Date, Time, Place, and contact information (name, address, phone, e-mail)
- Graphic materials (photos/banners/logos) can be included but should fit in the size of this display space
- There is no official deadline for getting announcements online, but short-notice postings cannot be guaranteed
You Can Light a Fire With Just One Match!
Website Contributors Wanted
We are searching for writers, interviewers, web
personalities and other content contributors to the community. There are undoubtedly hundreds of stories and remembrances to
be shared. We are all keenly interested in filling-in-the-gaps from all of those years we were
out of contact. If you are a writer (or simply a wannabe), this can be your platform. Write
with a Byline; or nom de plume
if you prefer. There are few limitations other than
reasonably "good taste" and spell-checker. Since the web site is specifically designed to
accommodate multi-media, we can utilize your photos and videos. If you have a video
camera/microphone and would like to try your hand at "on-air" interviews, storytelling,
or Van Horn related "news", record yourself and send it to us. Contact Us
Join Us! Become a Member
|Click On Cover Thumbnails to View Online Newsletters
Van Horn: Almost Like It Used To Be
- To help fund selected capital improvement purchases for Van Horn High School
- To fund scholarships for VHHS graduates
- To establish and maintain a world wide network of VHHS graduates
- To establish a Hall of Honor of prominent VHHS graduates, faculty, staff and “Friends of Van Horn” for the benefit of VHHS
Board of Directors
|Van Horn High School Alumni Association (VHHSAA) |
|P.O. Box 520712|
|Independence, MO 64052|
Documents & Applications
Click Image to View/Print
Hall of Honor Nomination Form
Click Image to View/Print
Policies & Legal
Click to view.
Total Site Visits: 19944
Current Users Online: 2